Friday, December 7, 2012

game drawings

Game Drawings in Perspective Critique 
Vocabulary to use: perspective, washes, watercolor, gradation, blending, colored pencils, overlapping, horizon, vanishing points, value, highlights, shadows
 
I really like my final piece. The value, shadows, highlights, and the way i blended the colors made it all come together and it really looked like a gameboard. This is one of my favorite projects, I really enjoyed coloring and making the vanishing points a huge part of the project. I feel like this project was very successful becuase the rooms get smaller and smaller farther away and the color gets darker and darker. the value was very good do to the shading and the perspective of the board seemed realistic. I think everything worked in this project, everything came together perfectly and seemed to work together very well. If i were to do this project over again, the only thing i would do differently would be to not use black watercolor on the parts i needed black. The black watercolor just seemed too dark and the blending seemed off. The most difficult part was the watercolor because a lot of the time it just got the paper too wet and wasnt working as well as i would have liked it to. I learned to shade, use vanishing points, and blend colors to add value into an art piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment