Monday, October 22, 2012

turtle evaluation

Self evaluation
1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
  I think that the overall piece is very neat with good print, shapes, and color. The balance of my artwork was put together with all the right textures and surrondings. It all came together to give my piece life and creativity.
 
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added texture to the actual turtle and sand. Everything else surrounding it was left white, that was the contrast. The bright pink worked very well on white paper and looked as if they were working together for that perfect contrast. Texture and contrast are important to have in a piece because they make it interesting. You wouldnt want to see a plain turtle on the same color background with no texture within the piece. It makes it all the more real when there is texture and contrast.
3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
The pink within the piece was the positive space and the white was the negative space. I cut out everything around the turtle, the rocks, starfish, and the turtle's patchy skin and shell for negative and postive space. This was also another way of showing texture and contrast because I had pink on white.
4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
The craftsmenship was good because I put detail into the piece. I did this by putting things in the sand in stead of leaving it like it was. The turtle had lots of lines in it and showed good texture. Everything came together well and was very organized.
5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
Yes; I had the turtle, the sand, and the open ocean. You could tell that the turtle was the closest up, it was hovering over the sand, and the open ocean was behind it all. It all look neat with foreground, middle ground, and background.
 
6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
When I was actually carving out lanoleum, it was hard to get the smallest items because I had to be very patient. I also had trouble printing because I could never get the right amount of paint. An advantage I had was the turtle didnt have fur that I had to spend my whole time working on, I had lines and scales but it wasnt hard for the most part.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the use of the positive and negative space to show textures and contrast.

    ReplyDelete